Berkey is a world leader in water filter technology. With their line of gravity water filters such as the Big Berkey, the Imperial, or the Travel, they offer one of the simplest and most affordable ways to access world-class water filtration technology. Requiring no installation, minimal setup, zero electricity, and offering incredible portability for a water filter capable of serving the needs of an entire household, Berkey has proven itself to customers across the globe, ourselves included.
The Imperial Berkey stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. The Black Berkey Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Imperial Berkey comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 or 6 elements.
- The versatile Imperial Berkey is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 17″ in height
- The storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters) – We also offer Royal Berkey System (4.5) galloon and Crown Berkey (6) galloon capacity.
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- The System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (expandable to 4 or 6), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 4 blocking plugs, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26″
- Diameter: 10″
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 4-8 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 200-400 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with the upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
About Imperial Berkey Water Purification Systems
How to Choose Royal Berkey System